Welcome to my very first blog!

Monday, March 29, 2010

Notaro Family...weekend in Vermont!

I would just like to share this tribute to my Mother and Father-in-law for giving us a beautiful weekend here in Vermont...This is what I read to them, and I hope you all enjoy this.

What do you say about two people who mean so much to me? It's been twelve years of being a Notaro, and I'm greatful for every year. True, we get a little loud, and a little crazy sometimes, but I wouldn't trade this family for any other in the world. I can honestly say I've never felt like your daughter-in-law, but your daughter in every way.
DAD- from the very first day I met you I thought-"Now there is a man who genuinely loves and cares for his family. You are a man of integrity, honesty, and humility. You have generously provided for us the opportunity to go on numerous family vacations including of coarse this weekend here in Vermont. You once jokingly said, as you handed each of us, (grandchildren included), lots of money, that "When Tony wins, everybody wins!" I truly believe that statement is true, not because you handed us money, but because you pass on to us a life time of family moments and memories that are priceless! You continue to do this even now! You not only are a wonderful father to your children, but a loving, caring, and giving grandfather as well. Gina Joy still remembers the time you took her fishing. The individual attention you give to each and everyone of your grandchildren can only come from a man who is devoted to his family, and I love you for that!
MOM- The first time I met you I thought- "if this woman is going to be my mother-in-law I sure hope she likes me otherwise I am toast!" You welcomed me into your family with open-arms from day one! You're an inspiration to me, and a Godly mother who loves her children and grandchildren, and want nothing but the best for them. More importantly is your love for our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, and how you've put Him first in your life! I am proud to call you my second mom. You've been there for me in more ways than I can count, and you're still there for me today. When Chris and I get into arguments, you never take sides, but you're always there to listen to me. I must admit thought that nine times out of ten, you do take my side, and that makes me feel soooo much better! You are an amazing cook, and how you manage to cook for so many people is beyond my understanding! The fact that there is not one crumb of food left over in our plates proves that we love your delicious, and bountiful meals. Mom, you are the one who introduced me to bagels with lox and creamsheese. Chris thinks that's totally gross, but I absolutely love it! I also never in my life ate cornbeef and cabbage, until I became a Notaro. I almost forgot that we're supposed to be Italian! You have a heart of gold and I love you for that! I also love the fact that whenever something is bothering Gina, she secretly wants to talk to you. Sometimes I think she's talking about me, but I'd rather her talk to you than anyone else. You are her Me-ma afterall! Gina loves to do your hair, give you manicures, and a back rub. She gets her funny, quirky sense of humor from you. What I love most about you mom, is that I don't have to be serious around you. I know that I can joke with you, and you joke right back. Whenever I hear people speak ill of their mother-in-law, I thank God that I've got the best. My own mom tells me all the time how I married into the perfect family, and I totally agree! So thank you once again for all you do for us Mom and Dad. You are the best in-laws a girl could want, and I'm proud to be a Notaro! Love you Both, Joann

2 comments:

  1. Just so Beautiful!! Thank you so very much for this wonderful Tribute to Our Parents!!! I thank God for putting you in our family and fitting in so perfectly!! Thanks Joann xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Joann, Do you think Tony would adopt us?! I think your in-laws would like us and we would like to go to Vermont!!lol:)
    Paul.
    P.S.- Too bad there are not more parents like the ones you married into.:(

    ReplyDelete